Join our team!
Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston seeks talented professional staff who are motivated by our mission and committed to creating a positive experience for the youth and their families whom we serve, and for all our volunteers and staff. We encourage professional development, work/life balance, and a supportive environment. We value honesty, professionalism and diversity in our workplace.
BGCB is proud of our excellent reputation as a safe haven for youth, a reputation that has been earned through 125 years of effective service to hundreds of thousands of children and their families in the Boston area. BGCB has been a national leader in adopting significant and proactive child protection guidelines and processes.
Commitment to Diversity
BGCB believes that workforce diversity is essential to growth and long-term success. By valuing and managing differences at work, BGCB can maximize the skills, knowledge, and abilities of all employees while increasing employee and member satisfaction. By recognizing and celebrating each employee’s unique contribution toward the overall business objectives, BGCB will achieve superior individual and group performance.
BGCB is committed to encouraging and welcoming diversity throughout the organization. As an equal opportunity employer, BGCB does not discriminate in employment opportunities, policies or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our policy to employ persons on the basis of ability, experience, education, and character.
BGCB’s policy regarding equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, job assignments, promotion, compensation, working conditions, scheduling, wage and salary administration, performance evaluation, benefits, professional development, disciplinary action, termination, and events.
Health & Wellness
For 30+ hour/week eligible employees
- Medical Coverage though Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
BGCB pays for up to 80% of the monthly premiums
- Dental Coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
BGCB pays for approximately 80% of the monthly premiums
- Vision Coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield 20/20 Blue Program
- Short Term Disabiliy
BGCB pays 100% of the benefit cost
- Long Term Disability
BGCB pays 100% of the benefit cost
- Basic Life Insurance
BGCB pays 100% of the benefit cost, benefit provides up to 2 times base salary; up to a maximum benefit of $250,000
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment
100% paid by BGCB
- Employee Assistance Plan
Confidential EAP program available to both full and part-time staff. Support, guidance, and resources available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No cost to BGCB employees.
- Paid time-off for preventative medical screening
4 hours for full-time employees; 2 hours for part-time employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts (20+ hour/week Employees Eligible) administered by Benefit Strategies
- Pre-tax deductions for personal savings accounts for qualified expenses; medical and dependent care, and commuter expense deductions available
- Retirement & Savings
403(b) retirement savings plan through Fidelity Investments with agency contributions. All employees are eligible for pretax payroll deductions.
- Credit Union membership
Paid Time Off
For 20+ hour/week eligible employees
up to 15 days per year for full-time and part-time employees, prorated for the first year; vacation accrual increases with length of service
- Sick Leave
up to 61 hours per year
- Personal Leave
up to 1 paid personal day per year
- Paid holiday leave
Up to 11 observed holidays per year
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
BGCB parental leave includes 2 weeks paid leave
- Family Medical Leave of Absence (FMLA)
Job protection for serious illness of employee or family member; birth, adoption or foster care placement
- Bereavement Leave
Agency-Wide Staff Days
- September Staff Day
Agency wide event in advance of the start of the program year
- Professional Development Day
Concurrent workshop sessions with focus on professional skill and youth development skill training topics
- June Social
All-staff event at the end of each program year
- Professional Development Fund
Fund available to both full and part-time employees to assist with the cost of training, conferences, and professional development opportunities related to role at BGCB
- Staff trainings by locations and Agency wide Professional Development Day
- BGCA.net membership
- MBTA pass program pre-tax benefit
- Bi-weekly pay Direct Deposit
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Travel Assistance Services
- Free and low cost tickets to arts, movies and sporting events
- Possible eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program