We serve young people ages 6 to 18, including those who have limited affordable access to physically and emotionally safe environments, quality experiences, and enriching opportunities.
Measurable Positive Outcomes
Members who regularly attend the Club and participate at least once per week in programs are more likely to progress in BGCB’s priority outcome areas of academic and life success, character and community, and healthy development.
BGCB equips members with the skills, knowledge, training, and education they need to pursue their goals and interests. We do this through homework help and tutoring, enriching learning activities and innovative programs, parental involvement, and collaboration with schools.
- Power Hour, a homework-help program, encourages members to become self-directed learners through daily homework help and tutoring
- Targeted STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) and literacy programs are facilitated by BGCB staff based on Common Core education standards and 21st century skills.
BGCB helps members develop healthy relationships with peers and adults, while building character to be role models and leaders in their communities. We do this by fostering a positive Club environment and offering targeted programs in which members build leadership skills, develop a sense of civic responsibility, and prepare for the future.
- Torch Club members, ages 11 to 13, plan and implement activities in four areas: service to Club and community, education, health and fitness, and social recreation.
- Members ages 14 to 18 may apply to join BGCB’s Keystone Club, which is designed to impact participants in three areas: academic success, career preparation, and community service.
BGCB teaches members to make and model healthy physical, social, and emotional choices. We do this by providing safe spaces for members to practice healthy decision making, participate in physical activities, and engage in programming designed to promote social-emotional wellbeing.
- Meal service programs
- Cooking classes
- Monthly wellness workshops
- Hygiene and healthy decision-making workshops
- Social work resources
- Gender-specific life skills programming
- Age-specific fitness programming
- Sports leagues
BGCB At a Glance
The Club environment is designed to help members reach their full potential. We are proud of the positive impact that we create.Learn More