Our Impact

BGCB looks to build leadership for tomorrow by sustaining communities today. We serve young people ages 6 to 18, including those who have limited affordable access to physically and emotionally safe environments, quality experiences, and enriching opportunities.

  • Academic & Life Success
  • Character & Community
  • Healthy Development

Academic & Life Success

BGCB equips members with the skills, knowledge, training, and education they need to pursue their goals and interests. We do this through homework help and tutoring, enriching learning activities and innovative programs, parental involvement, and collaboration with schools.

  • 99% of BGCB seniors graduated from high school last spring.
  • 97% of teens said BGCB helped them gain the knowledge, skills, training, and education that they need to pursue their goals and interests.
  • 98% of our graduating seniors were accepted to college or trade school last spring. The other 2% secured jobs or internships.


  • Power Hour, a homework-help program, encourages members to become self-directed learners through daily homework help and tutoring
  • Targeted STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) and literacy programs are facilitated by BGCB staff based on Common Core education standards and 21st century skills.

Character & Community

BGCB helps members develop healthy relationships with peers and adults, while building character to be role models and leaders in their communities. We do this by fostering a positive Club environment and offering targeted programs in which members build leadership skills, develop a sense of civic responsibility, and prepare for the future.

  • 90% of members demonstrate high resilience by persisting with something even when it is really difficult.
  • 97% of teens said BGCB helped them develop healthy relationships and build the character to be role models and leaders in their communities.
  • 96% of regular attending teens said they have friends who help them feel valued and worthwhile.



  • Torch Club members, ages 11 to 13, plan and implement activities in four areas: service to Club and community, education, health and fitness, and social recreation.
  • Members ages 14 to 18 may apply to join BGCB’s Keystone Club, which is designed to impact participants in three areas: academic success, career preparation, and community service.

Healthy Development

BGCB teaches members to make and model healthy physical, social, and emotional choices. We do this by providing safe spaces for members to practice healthy decision making, participate in physical activities, and engage in programming designed to promote social-emotional wellbeing.

86% of members eat fruit on a daily basis. 73% eat vegetables on a daily basis
96% of teenage members said BGCB taught them how to make and model healthy physical, social, and emotional choices.
97% of teenage members in grades 10–12 report knowing how to keep themselves safe from sexually transmitted infections and unintended pregnancies.


  • Meal service programs
  • Cooking classes
  • Monthly wellness workshops
  • Hygiene and healthy decision-making workshops
  • Social work resources
  • Gender-specific life skills programming
  • Age-specific fitness programming
  • Sports leagues

BGCB At a Glance

The Club environment is designed to help members reach their full potential. We are proud of the positive impact that we have on our Club members.

BGCB Impact Highlights

BGCB consistently measures results and feedback from the families we serve so that we can provide meaningful programs.